Welcome to Gaia! ::


Okay yeah, I'm a grammar freak. And a spelling freak. I always correct my friends and laugh at them when they spell things wrong. lol. I feel so bad. Everybody says I'm really good at writing, too. I hate when people tell me how to write papers better in school, because I've seriously picked up on what to do over the years. I've taught myself just by reading books. If only I were this smart in other subjects. xd

Is anyone else like this?
I am very much a grammar and spelling freak (I mean, that's what the "Edit Post" function is for, right?). I probably make a few habitual errors, but unlike some people, I actually care.
Grand_Commander13
I am very much a grammar and spelling freak (I mean, that's what the "Edit Post" function is for, right?). I probably make a few habitual errors, but unlike some people, I actually care.

Oh, I know. It's also my absolute pet peeve when people say "alright". AGH. scream
People call me the "Grammer-Nazi/jerk".

Other then that most of the time I get "I'd like to enter this in the Lit. Fair this semester" or "Great job, your a great writer!" But then again, I'm sure as hell it's people just being nice.
Sad to say, but I am as well. I don't honestly mean to be this way, it's just the way that I am. All my friends kind of get jealous because they struggle with an english assignment and I'm done it in no time flat and I still get great grades.
I'm big on grammar, and I'm constantly correcting my friends. I don't even have to think about it, it's automatic... XD I also like big words... like indefatigable... but my pet peeve is when people try to use big words without knowing the definition.

(I'm sorry if I've messed up at all in this post, but I'm a little tired right now XD )

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I tend to be nit-picky on spelling. Grammar is not my forte though, and I know I make mistakes on it while I'm writing that I just don't catch.
I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, but apparently, because of my love for slang, I'm some kind of off-shoot heratic or something. But my best friend is an English major and the two of us are in love with the English language (and most other languages). We'll end up having long involved conversations about how a certain word can be used and what part of speech it is under what circumstances...'cuz we're dorks.
I'm personally in love with the semi-colon. Such a pretty little piece of punctuation.

I'm an art student now, but I hope to do a graduate study in English so I can cover both bases.
Not so much grammar as spelling... spelling is my big issue. It's not that hard to use the shift key.
I'm a grammar nazi on my own language.

(In English,it's pretty much: If you need a Portuguese speaking girl with bad English skills to correct you... Things are bad for you.)

And look on the bright side,grammar nazis!
You don't have characters in the English language!

They are the DOOM of my language , and most mistakes are because of characters like `, ~ or even ^.
[quote="x3_Bunny"]Okay yeah, I'm a grammar freak. And a spelling freak. I always correct my friends and laugh at them when they spell things wrong. lol. I feel so bad. Everybody says I'm really good at writing, too. I hate when people tell me how to write papers better in school, because I've seriously picked up on what to do over the years. I've taught myself just by reading books. If only I were this smart in other subjects. xd

Is anyone else like this?[/quote]

Of course, a lot of what is considered appropriate writing for papers differs from subject to subject. If you're trying to sound professional, odds are that you won't type the way you would if just working on a vernacular-based story- and vice versa. Grammar and spelling are important, but I just don't see the point in going nuts over the smallest mistake as it's usually just a typo. Writing is like clothing; there are different types of clothing for different event. And if you're wearing a suit and you spill something on it, you just suck it up and move on with your life.
I am a grammar nazi! I hate when people can't seem to introduce the basics of writing into their writing. Occasional typos are understandable; but cyberslang and every-other word spelt REALLY wrong is inexcusable. The dictionary, like the language itself, was invented for a reason, people! Try using them appropriately!
For those who didn't realize, Grammar Nazis have won the net-speak wars. The new 1337 is perfect grammar.
x3_Bunny
Okay yeah, I'm a grammar freak. And a spelling freak. I always correct my friends and laugh at them when they spell things wrong. lol. I feel so bad. Everybody says I'm really good at writing, too. I hate when people tell me how to write papers better in school, because I've seriously picked up on what to do over the years. I've taught myself just by reading books. If only I were this smart in other subjects. xd

Is anyone else like this?


Sounds exactly like me. Gawd, even TEACHERS ask me how to spell certain words.. Grammar Nazis forever! x3
I am one but not on the net. Usually i correct my friends allot on their grammer and spelling when i am the one that really needs it. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//