Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ the Anachronism Guild ~

Back to Guilds

The guild for lovers of Steampunk, other Anachronisms and the Victorian Age — be you Dashing Adventurer or Airship Pirate, all are welcome! 

Tags: Steampunk, Victorian, Science, Airship, Anachronism 

Reply the Museum (steampunk art & illustration)
Steampunk Animals in German Advert Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:02 am


http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kzd1OiP27s0

what is this advert for? now theres a quandary that i can't answer. however, im sure that the Gods of the Aether had me find this video for a reason.

basically, it is a video of some form of food chain; steampunk style. so you get to see lots of robotic animals eating each other and such (and a freaking steam-powered t-rex!)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:37 am


Whoa! That was cool! I love those freakin' weird a** Germans.

The fish reminded me of the one from James and the Giant Peach.

Okay Bad Example


Mylian
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:20 am


It's a car commercial for Saturn.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:44 am


That was awesome!
I loved the saber tooth tiger robots that froze in the cold, and how their jaws kind of went slack all of a sudden.

Electric_Tok



Slack Water


Thieving Bat

18,065 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:05 am


thats a very fun commercial!
the steam powered t-rex is super exciting
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:28 am


Haha, that's awesome.
I love the gorilla part.

Xhios


Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:12 pm


wow, even though i have been in this guild a while now, i think this may have been my 1st truly productive topic. *warm fuzzy feeling*
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:48 pm


Holy crap, it goes from bad-a** steampunk, to sci-fi, to sexy German cyborg chick! That's some fine advertising right there!

And yeah, for those who can't tell, it's just a car commercial for Saturn. They're comparing Darwin-esque evolution -- i.e. survival of the fittest -- to the development of technology -- from primitive, to high-tech, to sci-fi. I believe the point is that the sexy sci-fi cyborg German lass is analogous to the Saturn cars, and is higher up in the food chain/evolutionary line than all the other beasts (other car companies).

Xeigrich
Crew


Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:34 am


ah, makes sense now!

i don't speak german unfortunatly, and even though i know quite a lot about cars and engineering, i never thought of the car company Saturn... stupid of me really...

but yeah, that is damn good advertising
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:43 pm


May I offer some clarification? This is actually not a car advertisement at all - Saturn is the German analogue to Circuit City (well, without the bankruptcy aspect).

It's most unfortunate, but most of the time only shorter versions have been aired - I think it's definitely one of the most ingenious advertisements lately, so it should have gotten a lot more airing time, eh? wink

Nisha Lan


Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:30 am


Quote:
May I offer some clarification? This is actually not a car advertisement at all - Saturn is the German analogue to Circuit City (well, without the bankruptcy aspect).

It's most unfortunate, but most of the time only shorter versions have been aired - I think it's definitely one of the most ingenious advertisements lately, so it should have gotten a lot more airing time, eh? wink


ah! so thats why i didn't recognise Saturn Cars...

still, if thats what german ad's are like, then germany is pure awesome

talking of germany, has anyone seen Valkyrie yet? i wanted to, but i had to cancel due to a family issue...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:04 am


Well, that one was a real gem - don't expect any more steampunk-ish screenings should you ever come to visit Germany... xd

Though I do have to admit that I prefer German advertisements over those in the US. By far less... shrilly, and there are quite some either very emotional, artsy or winsome, humorous advertisements.

Nisha Lan


Xtopher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:56 pm


OMG, the Tyrannosaurus is brilliant!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:13 pm


If you liked that you guys might like this: [link]

if you like transforming cars that is wink

MrPendulum



The_Super_Nintenho


Gracious Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:29 pm


fire - link
Quote:
May I offer some clarification? This is actually not a car advertisement at all - Saturn is the German analogue to Circuit City (well, without the bankruptcy aspect).

It's most unfortunate, but most of the time only shorter versions have been aired - I think it's definitely one of the most ingenious advertisements lately, so it should have gotten a lot more airing time, eh? wink


ah! so thats why i didn't recognise Saturn Cars...

still, if thats what german ad's are like, then germany is pure awesome

talking of germany, has anyone seen Valkyrie yet? i wanted to, but i had to cancel due to a family issue...
Yes, I must say that Valkyrie was a great movie that really will get you sucked into the story. I saw it last month around the time it came out. I'm pretty sure it's still in theaters. I might want to own it on DVD when it comes out, or rent it for my friend to see.

That was pretty entertaining. I have to admit though that when I saw the saber tooth tiger it totally reminded me of the anime Zoids (if any one knows about that anime yay for you). Plus I like that transition of the technology there.
Reply
the Museum (steampunk art & illustration)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//